Thrust washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrust washer

Is the thrust washer (or thrust hub) the same for both SE106 and SE116?

The reason I ask is that I got a pair of quicksilver zinc kits which include a bearing carrier zinc in each kit (well, it's the freshwater kit for me so it's actually magnesium anodes) However when I look at the bearing carrier zinc in place, the thrust washer rubs against the zinc and is out about 1/16" vs. no zinc in place. That doesn't seem right. (unless the zinc is such a light metal that it wears into place immediately? I don't like the idea of that...)

Now the thrust washers have been run and aren't new, but I can't imagine the hole would enlarge that much over time to allow the prop to be 1/16" too close without the zinc in place (since both are the same.)

Any ideas before I am able to pickup a new thrust washer to see for sure?
    Last edited by Island; 08-12-2009, 02:25 AM.
    Island

The thrust hub should be fine. I guess you could just shave down anode a bit to clear, but I am not sure why it doesn't fit. I have never heard of that before.

Tech Support
    Last edited by Tech Support; 08-12-2009, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I thought at first it must just be a small bend in the zinc or something, but I have two quicksilver Alpha Generation II anode kits, two thrust washers that were running on the Gen 1 drives before, and two new 116 drives and both bearing carrier zincs rub slightly on both thrust washers on both 116s so that would seem to eliminate an off part. It's not a big deal to shave a hair off the anodes so they clear, but it seems weird to get two that don't quite fit.
      Island

Comment

Working...
      X