bilge water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bilge water

I recently installed a SE116 on our 2359 trophy and couldn't be happier.The whole process, from ordering,paying,shipping and installation went off with out a hitch. We are 100% satisfyed!! I do have a question for anyone who may have had a water problem like this. The boat takes on close to a gallon of water an hour. This was a pre-existing problem. The water is coming from the stern/outdrive area. I can not see where its coming in. There are new bellows and hoses and the the thru hull fitting for the live well located close by is visable and not leaking. The water gets in wheather the engine is running or not. I would appreciate any input that may help me solve this problem. Thanks, elsea

It could be the y pipe leaking water. Or the transom assembly can leak where it contacts the transom. Usually if you start with a dry boat, you can stick your head under the engine and look for water trickling down somewhere. Another spot that can leak is the bilge plug. Usually it won't leak through the threads if the plug is tight, but it can lek between the female end of it and the boat. It may be nesassary to reset it using some 5200 chaulk.

Tech support

Comment

Working...
    X