Mercruiser I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercruiser I

My boat is a 1973 and I believe it is a Mercruiser I or IR . How can a person positively verify their exact unit?

153ci 4 inline - 120

engine M0131EJA

drive 3643013

The boat is beautiful - i replaced all of thr floor, main stringer beams, new carpet, seats, recovered engine cover two years ago.

This year I removed the drive, engine, inner transon plate, outer transom plate/bellhousing/gimbal.

I completely rebuilt the transom from the inside out. The wood in the transom looked like chewing tobacco. New -2 layers of 3/4" ply and glassed with fiberglass mat and polyester resin.

Gimbal all fresh w/new main bering, boots,shift cable. All that is left is the outdrive. Engine went back in the boat yesterday. Need to clean up all the wiring, bilge pump, blower , etc.

I have been waiting for months to get this work done, and have been put to the back of the line more than once.

Ron

I would consider that an I drive. If you are wondering if our SE106 will replace it, the answer is yes. There are a couple of slight cosmetic differences and also the input yoke will need to be changed to install it. Your unit requires the shorter shaft.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X