SEI Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEI Warranty

A little over 2 years ago my OEM Gen I lower unit had cracks in the housing, the OEM was still functional, but I did not trust it. A new housing was more money than a whole new SEI 106 with a three year fault free warranty. I was skeptical about the unit and the warranty; it seemed too good to be true. Buying the SEI unit was the logical choice. This aftermarket unit has been trouble free, until I hit something in Lake Ponchartrain which is still littered with underwater hazards from Hurricane Katrina. The skeg was sheared off, the SS Prop was all bent up, and the lower unit drive shaft sheared off in the upper. I had remembered about the warranty and I told my friends and family about it the incident that there is a good chance it is covered under warranty and they all said no way. When I called I expected a hassle or some kind of run around like dealing with most companies today. The person I spoke to gave me a reference number and shipping address and he said it was covered and that my unit would be repaired or replaced. I e-mailed the warranty department yesterday for a status, and they responded promptly that a new unit was shipped out to me yesterday. SEI is a first class company that stands behind their product and warranty.

Installed the new Lower Unit this past Friday to my 21' Chris Craft. It went on with no problems, it matched up perfectly to the OEM Upper. It shifts smooth and works great like the last one.

Comment

Working...
    X