Great product and service...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great product and service...

Well my SEI experience could have gone either good or bad, but since SEI has such great customer service my experience was very good and I will be back to purchase more products in the future...

To explain what happened, I purchased an SEI 106 complete upper and lower with transom kit for my 1973 Glasply Cutty Express to replace my failed Mercruiser MR drive.

I went through Merc Aftermarket and also have nothing but nice things to say about them...

Well in about a weeks time my new drive shows up, I looked over the invoice and everything looks in order...

About another week goes by and I finally have time to round up an experienced helper and decent weather to put the new drive on. As you know the lower and upper come shipped seperate so you have to put them together and install as a single assembly or put the upper on and then assemble the lower to the upper once it's mounted (I feel this is easier to do as you end up dealing with less weight)...

We put the upper on and then went to put on the lower and both of us had this slightly confused look on our face... That lower unit looks similar but not the same as my MR drive I had just taken apart so it was somewhat fresh in my mind....

Whoops, I got sent a Gen II lower by accident... Metal waterpump body was the tell all...

So I called Merc Aftermarket and left a message for Keith, it was Saturday and I didn't expect a call back... Well he did call back about a 1/2 hour later (to my surprise) and apologized for the mistake and he would get on it Monday a.m.

Monday a.m. rolls around and I get a call back from Merc Aftermarket and SEI both apologizing for the error and that the replacement lower would be sent FEDEX 2 day service so I could have it on Wednesday, they sent a call tag for the Gen II unit that showed up on Tuesday...

Wednesday rolls around and sure enough the replacement Gen I lower was waiting for me when I got home, put it on that evening...

Now SEI could have blown me off and shipped it slow boat but they didn't... That speaks volumes of them IMHO...

Thanks SEI, I hope to turn more local boaters onto you products whenever I get the chance...

Billy
    Last edited by Billy 4 hp; 03-26-2010, 12:18 AM.
Working...
X