mystery hose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery hose?

I just installed a new Se116 on my boat. Went well. When completed I noticed a small hose hanging from the bell housing in the area just in front of the shift rod on the lower unit. What is the purpose of the hose? It appears to have a damaged clip on the end(white in color). I may have damaged it when I removed the original sterndrive. Is this some sort of drain or does it need to be connected to the new lower unit? Please advise... Thanks

That would be the speedometer hose. It connects to the black shift bushing on the lower unit. You will need to purchase the new style fitting. The part number is on the white info sheet that was with the packing slip.

Tech Support

Comment

One more thing. Where do these extra parts go? I placed one O-ring on the bell housing and 2 on the driveshaft. Where does the 4th go? Looked through assembly and install instructions and find no reference to the round metal part with 2 small bolts. Advise? I see your forum only allows very small photo attachments. Anyway... the metal part is about 3 inches in diameter and I believe it was in the bag with the anode kit. Please advise.

Comment

The fourth O-ring also goes on the driveshaft at the large groove near the spline. It is only needed if you have the new style greasable coupler, however it will not cause any problems if you install it and have the old style coupler.

The anode gets attached to the bearing carrier, which is behind where the prop will go.

Thanks,

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X