custom fit water hose to bell housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom fit water hose to bell housing

I purchased the OMC conversion kit and in step 3, I modified the cobra water hose and added the adapter and 3/4 hose . But I don't see a how to custom fit the hose to the new bell housing. There is a 3/4 size hole in the bell housing with no fitting and the hose is to big to go into the hole.
    Is there an adapter missing on the bell housing???

There is supposed to be a brass Fitting with a 3/4 nipple threaded into the hole. Please contact us on Monday and we will send one right out to you.

Sorry for the issue,

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks for the quick response

I have another question...

What prop size have you been testing these units with?

I have a 1989 bayliner cerria 24.5 ft with a 351 cobra V8 with around 260 hp.
      I ordered the OMC conversion kit with a SEI116.
      Which prop should I use for the break in and what is the most fuel efficient prop size to use with my boat.

Comment

Props are very dependant on the boat. We do not have enough Dara to be recommending props. I would suggest trying a prop close to what you had, and adjust from there.

Tech Support

Comment

OMC Conversion to SEI116

Everything went well, it was an easy install. I worked on the boat after work on Thurs and Friday

I took boat out on Saturday for break in time. I was very pleased with the result runs very smooth. Put six hours total run time and all went well.
          Oh yeah also set shrimp pots and pulled up about 8 gallons of shrimp.

Thanks SEI so far I am pleased..

Comment

Working...
          X