SE 106

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE 106

Got my 106 today and I'm so far very impressed with the delivery, the support, and the looks of the whole thing. The only suggestion so far is, if you don't have a core to remove the shift shaft busing from you have to get it separate... it's doesn't seem to be included in the install kit. I removed one from an old shell I had lying around. Take a 15mm deep socket w/small extension and hit it from the bottom till it pops out. It takes some pretty good blows. Don't hit your thumb like I did! Put it in the SE unit from the bottom using the tapered end going in first and hit it with 3/4 deep socket, using the back side of the socket against the busing, till it flush with the housing. I've got a feeling this is going to be missed by some DIYers. Maybe SE doesn't think it's needed? More to come after installation. :D Xeno

Xeno,

Thanks for the kind words. We do not use the bushing, the shaft is well supported once it is installed on the drive.

Thanks,

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Shift lever bushing

If I'm not mistaken the picture of SEI's complete install kit at the following address shows the bushing right next to the shift lever. View it at:
      http://www.sterndrive.cc/Merchant2/m...ry_Code=106AUC
      James Abid

Comment

If you mean the white plastic piece, that is the water tube guide. There is also a washer next to the shift lever.

Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

se 106

just got the drive, installation was a a snap, easy to followew directions, i think the part about the shift lever has to be in more detail because it took me a couple of tried to gert it right. took boat out for first time yesterday, so far so good, thier is a grinding comming from somewere when i make sharp turns or have the trim up, but i am preatty sure its not the drive, because it was happening with my old one to, i have replaced gimbal bearing and that is when it started, could it be in wrong, drive slid right in so i imagine it is straight, any sugestions, i know thier is supose to be a little grinding at full turn but this is really bad.

Comment

I would check the gimbal bearing again. When you rotate it by hand it should be perfectly smooth. Any little bumps will be amplified while you are running it.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X