outdrive noise!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outdrive noise!!!

hello there I bought a se116 complete unit back on november installed on february and the outdrive was very noise, but after 10-15 hours the noise almost disappear, I changed the fluid 0n the first 10 hours, my quesion is I still have some noise when I go WOT?, another thing is the paint in the upper in getting crack and faided is this normal? my engine is a 228/305.

At WOT I would be surprised if you could hear a drive noise over the engine noise. If the oil isn't indicating anything going on, I wouldn't worry about it.

The paint getting cracked and chalky looking is usually from running on plane for long periods of time. The upper unit can get very hot when running on plane for extended periods. I would recommend a drive shower to help cool it down.

Tech Support

Comment

I have a noise like coming from the back of the engine and only whe is Under load? when they installed the outdrive they install a new gimbal bearing, some one told me is a bad Ujoint, how can I check and determine if the u joint is bad...

Comment

Typically a u-joint that is bad will make a knocking noise while turned all the way. As it gets worse, it will make noise at less and less of an angle.

Tech Support

Comment

ok i will change the fluid to see how comes out and try to see if the noise go away...thanks...

Comment

Working...
          X