se 106 alpha one replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• se 106 alpha one replacement

replaced my alphas with 2 of sei 106 replacement drives,first the sales team at this company had trouble helping me select the right unit so I had to buy from a dealer who then installed them.
    then I had shifting issues boat would not come out of reverse had to have installer fix it, it needed to come out of water and the defective 15$ part cost me 900. then I experienced an over heat and needed to come out of water again to replace the water pump impeller on a brand new drive dont know what this is costing me yet (yard is cool about billing).now when I get it back these dam pieces of shit wont come out of forward gear.this creates an unsafe situation every time I want to use boat.docking is difficult and standing still on the water is impossible dont know what is going on internally when slamming from stuck forward to reverse .
    I sware- If something else breaks I am going to sue and if I crash or run someone over sei is in seriuous trouble.
    FAIR WARNING DONT BUY THESE PEICES OF CRAP SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY GENUINE MERCRUISER ALPHA DRIVES... :twisted:

drive

1 what rpm are you trying to shift out of gear
    2 are the shift interupters working to stumble the motor
    3 what $15 dollar part was bad
    4 could the shift cables be binding
    I have installed a few of the units and have had no problems.

Comment

800rpm
      the part that is attached to the drive that the sift fork thing on intermediate lines up with and I dont know the answers to the others

Comment

I am sorry you are experiencing issues.

Can you find out the part number of the 15 dollar part that was replaced?

Typically if a unit is hard to shift out of gear, it is the shift cutout switch as Bt Doctur pointed out. If the shift handle is hard to move, then that is most likely the cause.

Tech Support

Comment

it is not difficult to shift it just doesnt come out of gear

Comment

It might just be a shift adjustment. You can email tech@sterndrive.cc and ask for the shift adjustment document.

Tech Support

Comment

check here

2A-12 If this switch is not working or not working properly it`s almost impossable to cleanly come out of fwd or rev.
              http://www.boatfix.com/merc/Techbk/94/94hsa2.pdf

Comment

Working...
              X