SE 106 Install, lube and maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE 106 Install, lube and maintenance

I am about to install an SE 106 recently purchased from you. Reading the bulletins it appears as if you recommend Mercruiser High Performance Gear Lube and no more than 3/4 throttle first 7-10 hours, at least 10 forward and 10 reverse shifts in first 10 hours, drain and check for metal particles (fine particles OK and expected), replace with new lube, limit full throttle runs for next few hours, replace lube at not more than 100 hours and at least every season. U joint and spline greases as noted by reputable grease manufacturer. The Mercruiser stern drives shop manual is a lubrication and maintenance reference. Please advise if I have got all this correct and current and any other recommendations further to your assembly and install instructions. Thanks for your tech support.

I'd say you have it down perfect, have fun boating.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X