sterndrive question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sterndrive question

i have a 1982 Glastron SSV-177 in need of a complete upper housing, probably gonna replace the complete unit. as far as i know, it's a OMC stringer 800 low profile coming off a 140hp V6 3.8L engine with a 21/16 gear ratio. can i use the se 106???? thank you

previous info was from the marine mechanic who has the boat presently. after looking around, i'm guessing the horsepower is either 170 or 185, not 140. the gear ratio doesn't seem right either. i don't think this mechanic will be doing ANY work on my boat.

Comment

The SE106 drive will not bolt up to that transom assembly. I think the only way to do it is to completely redo the transom and put a complete engine and drive package in it.

Your best bet is to try to find the proper upper unit for your boat. Unfortunately I don't have any tips for you on that. If I find anything I will let you know.

Thanks,

Tech Support
      Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
      X