SE116 mating upper/lower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE116 mating upper/lower

Today i pulled the upper and lower from the boxes and started assembly. I pretty sure i got everything right but i had some trouble lining the upper and lower on the 2 little studs on the front and back of the lower. They looked to be a little crooked and not straight up and down. I took them back apart and tried tapping them to straighten them up and moved them a little. I have got them together right now and the back half twords the drive shaft is all the way down but the front has a little gap where it didn't go all the way down. I tightened the front bolt as tight as i can get it but it just wont bring it all the way down. The gap is just enough for a piece of paper to barely fit in there but this may be ok. I'm just a little worried since it isn't mating all the way down. Would it be a bad thing to drill out the hole on the upper just a little so there is room?? Just a thought....

I doubt that the hole is not deep enough for the pin to settle in, but you could certainly check it to be sure. A piece of paper is pretty thin, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Tech Support

Comment

Ok thanks. I split them back apart and drilled the hole out in the upper just a little it had some paint and some metel shavings were it was rubbing going in. Put them back together and it slipped right in. Unit looks good and hopefully get to run it tonight and see what it does.

Comment

Working...
      X