ratio on older drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ratio on older drive

I have a pre-alpha outdrive (1984 MCM 470). It's disassembled so I counted gear teeth:

19:17 top
    17:28 bottom

This gives me 1.47 overall, is that correct?

Then I see that the 1.47 isn't available with the old style short shaft, which I need. Can I get the drive configured that way from SEI?

Can you confirm that I don't need counterrotation?

I'm guessing that I need the complete install kit in order to assemble the two halves without scrounging parts from the old drive, and the transom seal kit since those parts are more than 20 years old.

If I get the complete drive and both kits, can you confirm that I won't need any other parts (other than my existing prop)? I already have all the tools necessary.

thanks,
    --steve

Steve-

The 17/19 Gear tooth count would make your drive our SE106 1.81:1 ratio not the 1.47:1. We do have that ratio available with the short shaft. You are correct with needing the Install Kit and Bellows Kit and the only other thing I would recommend is the Anode Kit for your drive.

If you only have one drive on your boat it should be standard rotation.

Thank you,

SEI Sales
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X