Water pumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water pumps

I purchased two complete SE 106 legs and had them professionally installed less than two months ago. After less than 10 hours operation, the pump in the left leg quit pumping. Less than two hours later, the pump in the right leg quit. With the boat in the water, I pumped air through each system and it came out the water inlets with no problem. I then hooked an electric water pump to each outlet at the tell-tales, and sucked water through each engine with the engine running, with no problem, except that the pumps in the legs did not pump. The boat has been in salt water all the time. It has never been in less than 30 feet of water, and I have not hit anything or had any other type of accident.

I have not been able to pull the boat out due to bad weather, but will soon. Any ideas why the pumps would have failed so quickly?

I'm sorry for the problems. That's very odd that they both would have failed so quickly. With as many as we sell I do hear of impeller failures but it is a very small percentage comared to our sales. If you give me a call M-F 8 to 5 eastern time I'll get you set up with what you need to fix it.

Tech Support
    727-461-0811
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X