good product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good product

I bought a 1982 Grady White last summer and have had numerous problems with her, engine that is. I just put a new engine in her along with the old SEI upper/lower unit. Unfortunatly I didn't fill the gear lube properly and burned out the upper 2 gears. When I took the unit apart I found that the gear drive housing and the lower unit had stickers from sterndrive.cc in it.. I called the guys in SEI and told them what had happened and they were a great hellp on troubleshooting what I had done to my drive. To the suprise of the tech. support, Justin, I told him that the sticker inside the upper unit hadthe number 00319. He told me that it must be an older unit b/c they are up to #15000 something. I noticed tonight that the lower unit has a # 00291. This tells me that the SEI units are built with quality and true craftsmanship.

I work on a boat,although an outboard, all day and we seem to go through 2-3 lower units a year. I am impressed that the outdrive from SEI has lasted so long on my poorly cared for boat. I will be ordering a new unit from SEI soon.

anyone out there have a unit older than mine and if so how is she running?
    Good product guys!

John
Working...
X