Drive Noise and Low speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Noise and Low speed

Hi, I bought a SE 116 drive (upper & lower) and I have used it for about 4 hours. On the second time I went out in my boat I noticed a noise like the axle spinning around the drive area and inside the cabin, could this have something to do with shift adjustment? because I am having problem shifting into neutral. My mechanic checked the gimbal bearing (at the time he installed the drive) and said it was OK. Could there be something else I should be doing or checking? or did my mechanic mis-diagnosed the gimbal bearing. Also my boat does not move more than 10 mph, it used to run at least 35-38 mph. Thanks.

JR

When the boat hits 10 mph does the engine continue to rev higher, but the boat doesn't go any faster? I'm thinking you may have a spun coupler or prop hub. Possibly the noise you are hearing is attributed to this?

You may need to adjust the shift if you have trouble shifting into neutral.

What happened to your old drive? If you hit something you may have damaged the engine coupler.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X