Trim Cylinder Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim Cylinder Pins

I am currently installing the conversion kit from omc to merc cruiser. Which cylinder pins get swapped, the omc side or the merc side, both, or none. I have the spacers from the kit but not exactly sure of instructions, thanks for the help, John

Sorry, I understand now I keep the omc side. Do I swap the merc side pin then for the omc before re-assembly? THanks
    Last edited by buckmaster71; 04-19-2012, 10:03 AM.

You are reusing all the pins and bushings from the old set up. The only thing you are doing is adding the black spacers on to the rear pin to take up space. Hopefully that makes sense, if not, let me know.

Tech Support

Comment

Understand. I notice a lot of the instructions refer to the SE116. I have an alpha 1 or SE106 comparison. So it will be ok to follow the instructions accordingly?

Gen 1

Comment

Yes, the SE116 and SE106 is essentially the same as far as bolting it to the boat. Since you are doing a conversion kit, it is important to note that you need to use all the same trim components as the original drive, except for adding the spacers mentioned previously.

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm sure I will need you again, though I hope I don't.

Comment

Working...
          X