Running Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Hot

Well, I finally got to get her in the water this weekend after the conversion. To give you the quick on it, it seems to hold water temperature fine as long as I run very slow to idling. When I give her the gas to get up on plane she runs hot pretty quick. I have played with the tilt to see if the water supply hose is the culprit to no avail. Does this seem to have the symptoms of the hose or does it seem there is something else amist? Like I said, you can idle around forever and not run hot until you get up on plane. Thanks in advance.

John

Sorry for the late reply. I'm sorry your experiencing an issue. I would suspect that the water pump is sucking in exhaust gases through the rear of the water pump. I would recommend that you contact the warranty department and ask them to send you a new water pump base gasket assembly. We have an improved version and yours may or may not have it. Also ask them for an impeller, and change that just to be safe.

I don't think it would be the hose. That would be more likely to cause a problem in a full left turn. Turning to the right would unkink it.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X