prop hits trim tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prop hits trim tab

just installed SE 106 halves together. everything went well except when installing my prop i noticed it is hitting the trim tab. does not seem that the prop is going all the way. i never had any problem like this with my old drive. any answers???????

Possibly your old drive has a different trim tab on it? The tab that we sell is not compatible with all props. Some people use a flat plate as opposed to the tab. You could cut the tab off if that suits your application.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

thanks for the advise. thats exactly what i did, i trimmed the trim tab but it didn't seem to be normal to me. can you tell me if 1/4" space between the end of the prop to the back of the case is ok?

Comment

1/4 inch should be okay. You could always try to compare it to someone elses alpha drive and see if it is the same.

Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
        X