1969 merc sterndrive replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 merc sterndrive replacement

Hello, currently newbie to the forums but not new to dumping money into the marine department.
    I have a 1969 21' sportcraft that has a mercruiser 160 (GM 250 inline 6cyl) with a mercruiser sterndrive serial #2675323, gear ratio 1.65:1, and has all the caracteristics of an "R" outdrive. (PreLoad Pin, eyelet on the top of unit,round cavitiation plate)8-1/8" shaft length on main outdrive shaft. I crashed the lower gear s this past weekend and want to replace the complete upper and lower together. I have read so much and am lost.I have completely restored the boat and have to much invested to trash it. what can i do? any help would be great. Will the SE106 work or what do i need to do.as far as i can tell by pictures of the se106 it looks like it will bolt up

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

A 1969 boat should have the reverse lock out valve, so I do not think our SE106 drive will work for you. If you send me some pictures of the drive I can take a look and let you know. Email me at tech@sterndrive.cc
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

talked to a dist and sent him pics and apparently it was switched out before. has an r in it now and ordered a se106
      Thanks for the help and will post back results when i install it. any tips on installation

Comment

installed drive 2 weeks ago ran breakin time and changed lube. excellent outcome and been tearing the walleye up on the lake ever since.
        Thanks for the help and the $$$$ savings.
        By the way what weight of syn gear lube is recomended?

Comment

We always use Quicksilver High Performance gearlube. West marine carries it. They don't list a weight.

Tech Support
          Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
          X