Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers Email to SEI

Hello,

I had the unfortunate experience of having to replace an '87 Alpha drive last week after it suddenly failed and shreaded all of my upper gears. BUT I was lucky enough to have a friend of mine refer me to your product after being in the same situation last year. My mechanic and I researched the options and decided to gamble and try your product. This is the first time either of us tried your product.

My mechanic and I installed the drive today and are totally impressed with how it looks and how well it installed. Like others in your forum we had issues with the shaft o-rings. When it didn't slide in the extra inch we decided to take a closer look and found that the 'new Merc' o-rings were MUCH larger than the original ones from my old drive! When we used the old o-rings on the new drive it pressed in like a nice snug glove. So I think the issues some are having is an incorrect o-ring, and not anything else.

Anyway, this weekend we will be able to water test it and start the break in. I'm hoping that all will continue to go well!!!

There is a hugh island on our lake where my mechanic and I hang out that draws hundreds of boaters each weekend. We were wondering if you would send us a few t-shirts so we can wear them in hopes to drum up some awareness that an alternative to OVERPRICED Merc OEM outdrives exist. If so, we are both Larges...

Again, thank you for your product and I hope our water test and beaking will go smoooooothly!

Sincerely,

Gary McPherson
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.
Working...
X