Clanking sound when I turn the steering to left or right lim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clanking sound when I turn the steering to left or right lim

I recently installed a new SEI upper and Lower drive unit on my 1984 Searay. Installation went very easily and I thought everything was fine until the water test. When I started the boat and the steering was in the center position, everything sounded fine but when I would turn the steering to its left or right limit, I would hear a clanking sound that I think may be the universals in the upper unit. A friend asked me if I had greased the universals prior to installation but sinse they were brand new, I assumed that they came pre-greased from SEI. Could this be the problem or should I be looking for something else? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Mszoboszlay@yahoo.com

Have you had a chance to check out what we discussed over the phone on Thursday the 29th? Please give us a call when you do or if you need more assistance.
    Thank you,
    Justin Webb
    Tech Support
    727-461-0811
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X