gear question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gear question

i have a 83 cobia odysee 195 it was originally from florida and brought to utah. they tell me that the gears need to be changed to a 1.67 instead of the 1.5. i need to order me a new drive from you guys next week and just wondering.

The only reason the gears would need to be changed is if you are considered to be in a high altitude area. You didn't mention the engine size, so pssibly the boat had the wrong gear ratio and the shop is trying to make it right again?

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

sorry i remembered after i got off. it has a newer 350 in it out of a 87 the altitude is why they told me to change the gears. but it runs fine the way it is.

Comment

As long as you are running the recommended full throttle rpm then there is no reason to change anything.

Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

thanks for the info they just said for my altitude it would help pull people up. but i think it does just fine.

Comment

Working...
          X