1972 Mercruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 Mercruiser

I have a 1972 165 hp Mercruiser, chevy straight 6 (Ser. No. 3388954). I see that the SE 106 is listed for 1973 to 1990. I spoke with someone at your shop who stated the SE 106 should work with a shorter yoke. I thought she stated you would ship with the shorter yoke. However, I note that in the technical support bb you state:

"Some customers with older inline engines will need to install their original short yoke. Here is instructions on how to do so, and identifying if you have a short yoke on your existing unit."

Just checking - is this still correct advice, or do you now ship the SE 106 with a shorter yoke for older units?

Also, want to double check that the SE 106 is compatiable with my boat.

Finally, would appreciate advice as to other parts I should order to be sure I have everything I need for the installation.

After reviewing your site and reading other members' posts, I have to say I am excited about returning my boat to the water after a four year absence and thrilled to see a company such as yours is out there.

Thanks in advance.

When we first started the company we did not offer the short yoke. We do now though, so if you ordered it with the short yoke, you will receive the short yoke. Yes the SE106 will work for you although there will be some cosmetic differences.

As long as you ordered the complete install kit, you should not need anything else.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X