SE116-new drive- L or R limit truns- clicking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE116-new drive- L or R limit truns- clicking

i just installed two new upper and lower SE116 drives, less than 1 hour on drives. one drive makes clicking noise when trun left or right limits . Also had to replace water pump during run up and found little water being pumped. do you have replacement water pumps. impeller seperated from indder ring and just spinning the ring.... i had to spend $150 in labor to install new pump.
    purchased 2 alpha gen II......

Give me a call on Monday and we will fill out the waranty paperwork and get you taken care of.

Tech Support
    727-461-0811
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

after 10 hours, still clicking, cyclic sound

i would like for you to send out parts for the u-jouint replacements w/ new seal kits and an replacement impeller for the one i had to replace when we first installed and determined we had faulty impellers on both drives. the boating season is not over and i would like to just do the repairs here instead of the time it would take to send back to you and return. if you feel confident that this will cure it, then can we go ahead and do that. i will know the exact problem when i remove the upper and possibly find where the knocking noise is coming from, wear etc... thanks. Dale
      purchased 2 alpha gen II......

Comment

Dale,

Give me a call tomorrow and we can get the paperwork taken care of.

Thanks,

Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

The same CV clicking noice

[QUOTE=Technical Support;747]Dale,

I have about 4 hr on a new se116 and Im hearing the same clicking noise when tuning left or right at a slow speed (CV Joint sound). Some vibration around the 2k rpm. Is this normal or I need to address this issue?

Comment

It seems odd that the noise would only happen at low rpms. It doesn't make the noise at higher rpms?

If the noise doesn't get worse, then I would just jeck the u-joints and gimbal bearing when you pull it off for the yearly service.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X