Any plans on a Bravo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any plans on a Bravo?

Just wondering if SEI is planning on making a Bravo replacement anytime soon? As well the performance Bravo's like the XR and XZ?

RD

Replacement drives that fit Bravo applications are in the works, although we are probably 6 months away from the first one. We have not made any decisions about making the high performance versions at this point.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
      Replacement drives that fit Bravo applications are in the works, although we are probably 6 months away from the first one. We have not made any decisions about making the high performance versions at this point.

Tech Support
      I currently have a Spectra 20 with a mercruiser 260 and one of your alpha replacements.. (I just bought the boat) Next year I'm planning on putting a blown big block in the boat so I'd like to switch over to a bravo style. Preferrably with the upgraded stuff in it. With the price you guys are charging for drives though, I wouldn't be opposed to buying one of yours, and then having all the larger performance parts into one when you come out with it. Any downside to doing that over buying a used bravo and then having all the good stuff put in it?

RD

Comment

We are only working on the lower at this point, and I do not know if we will ever make the High Performance internals, so you may be waiting quite awhile. Your probably better off picking up an XR drive somewhere. You will need to change out the transom assembly as well. All in all its a pretty spendy project.

Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
        X