350 ci

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 350 ci

I have a 1984 Four Winns 225 Sundowner with a 305 ci 198 hp. I installed a new SEI drive last season. I am thinking of installing a 350 ci 260 hp. this winter will I gain more speed and or torque. I don't intend to change the gear ratio or prop pitch. Is it worth the time and $ ?
    Thanks

That is a pretty common upgrade as you normally just have to change the long block to make it work. You would want to make sure that the drive has the 1.47 gear ratio in it. If you leave the drive and the prop the way it is, then you will most likely be overreving the engine going WOT. I am sure you will gain a few MPH if you get it set up with the right prop.

Only you can answer if it is worth it to you. I think the formula goes something like: You have to spend 1,000 dollars to gain 1 MPH.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X