Gen 2 style remote oil reservoir and alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen 2 style remote oil reservoir and alarm

Hi I had the pain of blowing up my alpha 1 on my 87 wellcraft this weekend. (supposedly rebuilt last year before i owned it) I am going to purchase an SE106 this week. I read a posting about converting it to an a reservoir aboard the boat as a gen 2 has. I have never seen a kit of this type do you have any leads? I would love the security of a low oil alarm.
    Thanks
    Keith

I know there is a kit that hooks up to the top vent plug on the outdrive. That wouldn't have an alarm on it, although you can visually check it before you use it. If you search Ebay for Mercruiser Gear Lube you will probably find this aftermarket kit

You would need to drill a hole for the hose through the transom and mount the bottle on the inside transom.

I guess you could get a Mercruiser bottle with the alarm float sensor in it and custom make your own kit.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X