Replacing older drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing older drive

I just picked up a 1971 Starcraft with a 120 mercruiser I/O at some point the outdrive was changed but they put on a V/8 drive running 1.5-1 ratio. I would like to replace the outdrive with one of yours but you state that they will only interchange with '73 up units. I have the pre alfa drive with the lifting eye on top and the preload pin on the lower drive shaft.

What would I have to change in order to use one of your drives on the older gimble housing?

The serial number on the V8 drive is worn off and I realy don't know if they changed anything else when they switched it. Any ideas how I could cross reference the transom assembly to see if it has been changed?

Thank you very much, it looks like you have a good product at a great price just hope I can make it work.

Our SE106 outdrive should bolt up to your bell housing. Just make sure that your current outdrive has 2 trim lines going to each cylinder. If so, then this should work for you.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X