• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete drive and RPM change

Hello
    I have a Baja 22' Force
    With a 350Mag
    Purchased boat a with a damaged unit
    Lugged it along with no troubles and decided to go with your 106 replacement for the boat
    Wonderful piece by the way, whoever does you casting on the cases does good work.
    Now I was previosly running a 1.47 to 1 Gear ratio and have switched to the 1.5 to 1 on the new 106 drive
    I have logged 6 hours on the new drive and it works flawlessly
    There was a slight vibration in the begining and that has passed
    However there is a 800 RPM loss from the old Alpha One drive
    What is the reason for this? Is it something that will pass?
    It seems that 2-300 would be noticeable while it is tight, but 800
    let me know if you have seen this previously and what the outcome was

Thank you

Sir,

I don't know what would cause an 800 RPM loss just by switching the drive. Are you sure that you had a 1.5 ratio on the previous unit? The old gears should be 20-22 teeth. Did you change the prop at the same time as putting the new lower unit on? Is the tach accurate?

Thanks,

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Prop is the same
      Labbed 23 Mirage Plus
      Tachs are natoriously off, however is it concidence that it is off from the time that the the Alpha drive came off and the 106 went on ?

Comment

Who knows on the tack being off
        I can't quite get access to a Digi tach or an induction tach that will tell me what's the story there.
        I also have some troubles shifting in and out of gear.
        Is is possible that I am at WOT on the controls and not on the engine?

Comment

Sir,

It seems unlikely that your throttle cable would be suddenly off, but you can check it. With engine off remove the cable from the carburetor and put in forward gear WOT and see if the linkage will move past the cable end. As for your shifting problem you might want to recheck your shift cable adjustments.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X