idle speed overheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idle speed overheat

Anyone run into this. I have a 1985 Wellcraft Nova II with twin 350's. I put on two SE106's this June and all was flawless untill October.

The last couple times in and out of the channel (low speed/no wake) I developed an overheating problem. The only way I can make it to open water and back is to constantly have one motor/drive in gear heating, and one out of gear cooling and keep switching back and forth as the heating and cooling cycle continues. Once at open water the temperature is normal throughout speed ranges. Back to channel back to overheating.

Local marina suspects drive water pumps as opposed to thermostat, circulation pump, or exhaust corrosion. They say it would overheat at speed if they were bad. Any ideas?

Sir,

I would suspect a problem with the water pumps as well. Give me a call and I can get you out replacements. I'm available 7am to 4:30 pm Eastern time @727-461-0811.

Tech Support

Comment

I HAVE EXPERIANCED THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS WITH MY NEW DRIVE . AT SPEED THERE IS NO PROBLEM AT ALL WITH NORMAL TEMPERATURES THE WHOLE TIME BUT AT IDLE SPEED IT WILL GO INTO THE RED IN LESS THAN A COUPLE OF MINUTES. AT THIS STAGE I HAVEN'T CHECKED THE PUMP AS I HAVE ONLY PUT 3 HOURS ON THE NEW DRIVE

Comment

Working...
      X