Corrosion Resistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrosion Resistance

I am considering a lower unit to attach to my Alpha 1 upper unit and want to know if this unit will be as corrosion resistant or at least equal to the origional OEM unit. I will be primarily be using in the pacific ocean and it will be in a slip 6 months of the year.
    Thanks!
    Dick

The cases are Chromate dipped and then powdercoated. We have had good feed back concerning corrosion, so it should not be an issue for you.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

if its going to be in the water i would suggest painting it as you would paint the bottom of your boat with antifouling paint and have it raised once a year to just check the anodes and painted every two years. But the most you have to worry about it being in a slip is other boats around you plugged into shore-power with improper ground wich would cut the lower-unit life in half.

but yeah i suggest painting it with antifouling paint and use anodes.

Comment

Working...
      X