Twin inline six cyl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin inline six cyl.

I just purchased a 233 formula (1977) With twin 165 hp in line six cyl. They are in good shape but if I do need to replace them I have a couple of questions. The mechanic told me that the ratios are 1:1 Is this correct? Could you advise on a ratio / prop combiation for this application? also I understand that these engines have a differnt input shaft length. True? Also, having never owned a mercruiser , there is alot of confusion on my part. can you clear up the Pre-alpha, type1, R, and alpha one. thanks

If you currently have a 1:1 ratio upper you are running a 1.65:1 ratio. Our replacement drive for that is a 1.62:1 ratio. I would recommend staying with the 1.62 if you need to replace them. You would need to indicate you have the short input yoke when ordering. Selecting props is trial and error. If you are happy with the performance you have then stay with the current props. Our SE106 drives will replace the R, MR and Alpha 1 drives. The type 1 drive is an older unit that did not have both trim and tilt and our drive will not work to replace it.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X