Complete Install Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Install Kit

Hi, in the Complete Install Kit for a SEI106 I have (3) O-Rings that I do not know what they are for. One was used for the water passage but (2) small ones with Inner Diameter 22 milimeter) and (1) bigger with inner Diameter 28 milimeter are left over. I can't either remember have seen them during disassembling the old drive (Alpha One Gen 1).
    Last edited by payosa; 04-07-2007, 06:55 PM.

All three o-rings go on the splined input shaft of the upper unit. Install the large one first and then install the two smaller ones, otherwise the small o-rings will fall in the groove and be hard to remove.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

3 O rings on Input shaft

Ok thank you. And where stays the bigger O Ring after installing the small ones in each groove? Or is this bigger one only for installation help?

Comment

The bigger o-ring has no function if you have the old style ungreasable coupler. On the new style greasable couplers it seals the grease in, on the older style it does nothing. It does not hurt to have it on, so you can leave it.

Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply! Now I can go on. Regards from Switzerland, Patrick

Comment

Hope your install went well, happy boating.

Tech Support

Comment

shift foot

I just bought your se1O6 and started puttting it together. I notice the brass shift foot has a lot of space where it goes through the hole in the upper case, is there supposed to be a bushing there to tightin that passage? And if so where can i get one.i

Comment

there is no bushing that goes in that hole

Comment

The bushing is not necessary. The brass shift shaft is captured on the lower shift shaft and when the drive is installed onto the bell housing it is captured on top by the shift mechanism.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                  X