Lower unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower unit

I got lower unit this spring and very happy about everything: price, workmanship, delivery. You are great!
    My question: Last weekend I got to the boat, started engine and discovered water water pump is not pumping.
    I disconnect hose inside engine compartment and started engine-nothing, no water flow. Check intake ports and they are not clogged.
    In my I/O set up, engine gets cooling water from thru hull strainer by water pump installed on the front of the engine. Sterndrive pumping water thru itself only for cooling and thru the loop of the hose inside engine compartment, discharged water back overboard 12" above waterline via thru hull, sending steady flow of water on a top of the sterndrive for cooling.
    What would you recommend to do?
    Thnk you
    Alex

Waterpump

First thing check the impeller, if you have any more questions please give us a call.
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

And how I can check impeller : 30 ft boat in the water on marina.

Comment

There is no way of checking the impeller in the water.
        Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

O.K. impeller is bad. What next?

Comment

That was quick. Give us a call at 727-461-0811 so we can get your account information.
            Thanks,
            Tech Support

Comment

Per our telephone conversation: will replace impeller.
              Thank you for your help and support
              Alex

Comment

Working...
              X