New heating find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New heating find

I recently installed a new se106 and found the engine heating from the start, so I replaced the impeller as I saw everyone doing on the forum. Still had a heating problem, so I removed the lower unit and disconnected the water supply hose on the engine , and connected a garden hose to push water back to the out drive to look for any obstruction, turned on water and checked copper tube in upper unit. Water was going everywhere from the housing that holds the copper tube. The bolts were loose from the factory, so I removed the housing ( 4 bolts ), but the casting surface of the upper was not machined and did not seal. So I used a good quality sealant and put it on thick and reinstalled it. I had no more problems.
    The fact that so many are having heating problems and the upper unit is not machined on a sealing surface I feel there must be others with the same problem. So glad to find problem.

I apologize for this issue, we have only seen one other like this. We would be more than happy to get that upper back here and take care of the issue for you.

Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
    X