Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with installation of the bottom section

Hi,

I received the bottom section for the GenII and bolted it on but there are a couple of small differences with my old unit near the top front mounting.

1) The old unit has a stud and the new unit has a treaded hole for a bolt. What bolt should I use? Or should I remove the stud from the old unit and install it on the new one?

2) The fitting for the speedometer is different, what is the part that I need to adapt it my existing hose?

So far I’m satisfied but it would have been nice to include these minor missing parts so I don’t have to run around to find a Merc dealer.
    Please let me know what to do to correct these 2 issues ASAP so I have a chance of getting the boat in the water for the long weekend.

Thanks,
    Francois

Our units reflect the latest style and use a bolt at the front to join the halves. You can remove the stud from you old unit and use it. Our shift bushing is also the newer style and requires part number 22-860382 for your speedometer hook up. This fitting is available from your Mercury dealer.

Tech Support

Comment

I managed to get the speedo fitting from a local dealer but the bolt is still a problem. All the parts diagrams show a stud in that location and nobody has it in stock or has the specification for it or a bolt. Can you specify the bolt grade, material, size, tread pitch, length, .....

I really like your product and I think you could complement it with some instructions sheet that describe these little details and provide the part numbers that may be required. I would have ordered these small parts from you at the same time if I had knowed.

F.

Comment

The front bolt is a 7/16"-14 x 1 3/4" stainless hex head. You will want to get a stainless flat washer as well.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X