Great Product, But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Product, But...

If the gear whining is fairly normal, and it really does go away after break-in, it would be nice to tell your buyers in advance.

It would save that sick, "I've wasted my money" feeling when you first put the boat in the water and fire it up.

A tag, or sheet included with the shipment advising of possible gear noise, and advising of no sleeve needed for the shifter shaft, would go a long way for client piece of mind and have to do the research to find out if something is really missing, or something is really wrong.

Also... I wouldn't have minded having to pay whatever extra to avoid having to pull my own drive apart to salvage the shift shaft and nuts.

We do our best to inform customers about the need for an installation kit at the time of sale. If we neglected to inform you I apologize.

Tech Support

Comment

I did purchase an installation kit. But it didn't have any nuts in it. Should it have? As to the stainless bushing for the intermediate shift shaft that is in the bowling companies version... when one has it and one doesn't, the person doing the assembly either has some assumptions to make, or they have to stop. Do I try to get the old one out, or don't they use one at all? I held up finishing the assembly over the weekend and planned on calling you monday am. Then after going through several forum posts, I found where another person had asked the same question and was advised that SEI doesn't use the bushing. OK... it doesn't look like it ever did much anyhow. I just don't like to guess at stuff like that. Just would have been nice to know when I opened the box.

Other than not liking to share information up front, you guys make a quality product. Next season I'll buy another one and replace the starboard drive as well.

Comment

Our complete installation kit has all the nuts, bolts, gaskets and the itermediate brass shift shaft for the drive. If you purchased an installation gasket set it includes only gaskets.

Tech Support

Comment

ok... i found it on your site, but it took some digging to find the complete kit. The 9A-108 "kit" is what I ordered, because it is prominently displayed... no nuts in that one.

Put it next to the drive and you would sell more. : )

Thanks

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. Both the transom seal kit and complete install kit are both listed by the drives.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
            X