SE116 - Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE116 - Recommendations

I'm getting ready to purchase an SE116 complete unit to replace my 16yr old AlphaOne Gen II and have a few questions.
    1. Drive Shower
      Does a drive shower make a difference to the casual weekend boater? I've never heard of one until recently.
    2. Updated Tech Manual(s)
      Several of the tech-tip downloads I've found here (case assembly, unit install) are related to, or titled SE106. Are there differences with SE116 assembly & installation?
    3. Other mechanical install details
      I am replacing a Merc Alpha GenII with an SE116 and read about the speedo connection on the SE requiring a newer Merc part/adapter and also the internal gear lube resevoir bypass step. Are there other connection gotcha's I should be aware of when having my mechanic install the new SE116?

A checklist of compiled "conversion/install" tips posted to the site would seem invaluable and a huge timesaver.

I'm excited about the products thus far and look forward to my new drive unit.

Thanks in advance.

If you do not do extended high speed runs or pull skiers you should not have to have a drive shower but they certainly don't hurt anything. The SE106 and SE116 assembly is basically the same. The SE116 does not have an intermediate shift shaft. Other than the speedo connection and lube system connection you mentioned you should not have any other issues.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X