speedometer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speedometer

I have a 116se and need to know how to remove the speedometer hookup from this drive as it is damaged and also will the old style from mercury thread in to the 116 drive,appreciate any info thanks

Our drive uses the newer style speedometer hook up that snaps onto the front of the shift shaft bushing. It is Mercury part number 22-860382.

Tech Support

Comment

removal process

I know this is the new style but need to know if it is removable without taking the sterndrive apart and how this is accomplished,how does it snap into the shift shaft bushing etc.. thanks

Comment

You can remove or install the adaptor with the drive on. It snaps onto the nipple at the front of the shift shaft bushing and has a hose barb for your tube. You should secure it with a zip tie.

Tech Support

Comment

I am talking about the piece with the O ring that is mounted in the upper drive unit not the piece that attatches to the speedo tube,it is the piece on the drive that the tube and connector snap onto,Thanks

Comment

Can you please tell me if the nipple with the o ring is able to be removed and if so how is this done does the lower unit have to come off?I would appreciate any info, I can't really see it on the product breakdown diagrams Thank You

Comment

The piece that the speedometer adaptor snaps onto is part of the shift bushing which is held by screws in the housing on the lower. You should not need to remove the shift bushing.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X