New 106 arrived, no plastic tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 106 arrived, no plastic tube

I am very happy with the looks of the new unit. I am a little disapointed in the fact that it does not include the brass shifting part described in the assembly sheet. It also doesn't have the plastic guide tube so my attempts to install today (Sunday) will have to wait until next weekend. I left the old drive at a shop for them to use for parts because I thought the unit would be complete and ready to install. I would rather have paid a little more to have the unit complete. Other than that, it looks great and I am sure it will perform as advertised.

We try to inform every customer of the need to purchase an installation kit or reuse the old hardware from their drive.

Tech Support

Comment

I guess you missed my point. I understand that you try and sell an installation kit but, if you were going to buy a new car it wouldn't be an option to have all the bolts and nuts installed would it? A complete "new outdrive" should be ready to istall. Using old nuts, or any other old part, seems to be asking for problems. I am not unhappy with my purchase and don't want you to think that. I just wanted to add a thought about marketing a product.

Comment

Thanks for your input.

Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
        X