what is your return policy???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is your return policy???

i have a 1.47 upper unit not even a month old yet. It seems my boat with a v8 small block doesn't like this ratio. Even thou from everything i've read and was told this is the correct ratio for this boat. The boat in question is a 1986 searay 268 weekender with a 5.7 liter 4bbl carbed engine. The boat weighs 5400 lbs without fuel,gear and people. Current prop that works the best is a 15.25X15 3 blade alum. my max speed is around 30 mph with a wot of 4100. if i go down to a 16X13 3 blade alum prop.My max speed drops to 18 mph with a wot of 4500. I'm thinking i need to go up 1 gear ratio.
    By the way the boat originally had a 1:98 ratio upper drive unit.
    Last edited by lime4x4; 07-23-2007, 08:33 PM.

If you are not above 3,500 ft elevation you should be running the 1.47 ratio drive. You can visit: http://sites.mercurymarine.com/porta..._schema=PORTAL, to help select the proper prop for your boat.

Tech Support

Comment

thanks. I'm using the correct prop according to that website. I have the original paper work that came with the boat when boat new. It lists 2 outdrive ratio the 1.50 and the 1.65 ratio. But it doesn't say anything about elevation.

Comment

If you are above 3500' elevation you would use the 1.65 ratio and above 6000' you would use the 1.84 ratio.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X