Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE116 makes a load clicking noise full L or R

Hi all -

New here and glad I came accross this forum. On my '97 Searay with a 5.7 liter - I just installed a new SE116 outdrive. After installation - it had some funny noises that seemed to go away after a while except for one - I get a loud clicking thump when I turn the outdrive full left or full right at low speeds (i.e. while docking). I checked the gimble bearing and I had 2 mechanics look at it and double check the installation....they are both stumped. She runs fine at high RPM when cruising straight and I have logged about 20 or so hours on her so far this summer. I just pulled it out and want to get to the bottom of this.

Any advice here? This thing is really driving me crazy.

Thx - Rob

If the noise only happens with the drive trimmed up I would check the trim limit setting. If the noise happens when trimmed down I would suspect the u-joints. You can check the u-joints to see if they have end play of more than .010". If they do, contact our warranty department at 727-461-0811 between 8AM and 5PM Eastern time.

Tech Support

Comment

Thanks

Thanks. It happens when the drive is down not up. I am having the U joints replaced and my mechanic thinks he needs to do some filing. I wiill give you a call if we can't get it.

Thanks again - Rob

Comment

Working...
      X