Shifting problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifting problem.

I installed my new SE106 outdrive according to the assembly and installation guides provided on this site. The shift cable is new and it slides freely when the outdrive is off and after it is attached but not bolted on all the way. The shift lever also moves freely at this point.

The problem happens when I tighten the six nuts the last 1/16 of an inch or so. When I tighten them up all the way none of the above mentioned parts move freely anymore. If I loosen them up again and back the drive off that very small distance it moves freely again.

I must have taken the outdrive on and off ten times by now and cannot see any reason that is causing it to bind.

Has anyone had this type of experience and/or have any suggestions on what the problem is and how I can fix it?

Thank you.

I sent you a private message with my after hours number. Please give me a call.
    Thanks,
    Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Problem Solved

It turns out that I must have bent the brass intermediate shift lever during the initial installation because after straightening it out the outdrive shifts fine.

Comment

Good, i'm glad it worked out.
        Thanks,
        Tech Support
        Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
        X