SE106 Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE106 Order

So far I have been quite impressed with SEI. I ordered my complete unit on a Wednesday and received an email the very next day confirming it had shipped. Once I received it I took it to my mechanic who installed it for me and he was impressed with what he saw, he was quite amazed that a new unit cost so little after dealing with re-manufactured Mercruisers for so long.

I did quite a bit of research prior to ordering this unit and my mechanic did some as well. We both found where people complained about the SEI units having gear noise. After my mechanic installed the unit he said that it had no more gear noise than a re-manufactured Mercruiser unit and was normal.

The only complaint I have is that neither the unit or install kit came with instructions. The install kit came with an O-ring that was not on my old drive and had no paperwork indicating where this went. I forget what my mechanic said he did with the o-ring, but still curious as to where it is supposed to go.

So far the unit is running very well after 5.5 hours of break-in and I am quite pleased. Thank you SEI for you wonderful customer service and reasonably priced quality products!

The extra oring is for newer style couplers with a grease fitting and goes on the input shaft of the drive close to the end to hold the grease in the coupler.

Tech Support

Comment

Another Example

Just another example of the level of service SEI provides, less than 1 hour for Tech Support to reply to a post in their forums. I have posted in several manufacturers forums and most of the time never got a response at all, but never had a response in as little as an hour.

Comment

Working...
      X