Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Cable Adjustment

:!: HELP,
    I installed 2 new drives on My Wellcraft 250 Nova XL, that was fun !
    I had to replace the boot that covers the lower shift cable so I did that while the drive was off. Now the drive will go into forward but I cannot get it to go into reverse. I have tried following the instruction in the SELOC manual but I have had no luck, I think im making things worse than better.
    Does anyone have any suggestion besides the obvious of taking to a shop?
    Thanks
    25Ft 1978 Wellcraft Nova Offshore with twin worked 350's, I havent broken 70mph but my trim tabs arent right yet either :-)

Here is a lnk to a good shift adjustment article: http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ul...;f=36;t=000029

Did you change the cable as well, or just the boot? It is important for the cable to be screwed all the way into the bell housing.

Is it possible that you assembled the upper and lower incorrectly? If the brass shift lever is oriented wrong it will cause your problem as well.

Hope this helps. Feel free to call if you need more help.
    Tech Support
    Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Thanks, that looks like a lot more common sense was put into this than the manual. I will l;et you know how it turns out.
      25Ft 1978 Wellcraft Nova Offshore with twin worked 350's, I havent broken 70mph but my trim tabs arent right yet either :-)

Comment

ok, Ive got the shifting part working. Here it comes.... BUT now the cutoff switch stays engaged, is there a certain number of twists or certain placement that needs to be? I just want to make sure that im not going to far with my moving of it.
        Thanks

Comment

Is the switch staying engaged while the engine is running? You shouldn't try to mess with the switch unless the engine is running.

If the engine is running, and the switch stays engaged in one direction only (forward or reverse) Then you can usually just move the adjustment the opposite way just a turn or two.
          Hope this helps,
          Tech Support
          Brunswick Corporation is the original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Sterndrive Engineering, Inc. (or SEI) is not affiliated with the Brunswick Corporation and is not authorized to sell or service Brunswick products.

Comment

Working...
          X