Overheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating

I purchased a pair of SE116 outdrives for my Searay 270 about six weeks ago. I have ran them for about 10 hours (break In Period). They seam to be working well with the exception of an overheating problem. The starboard drive runs 145 degrees at idle and around 175 degrees at 3200 rpm's or below. The faster you run above 3200 the higher the tempertaure goes. The port drive (counter rotation) runs 145 at idle and about 155 at 3200 or below. Once again when you run above 3200 rpm's the temperature begins to rise. The temperature begins to drop on both as soon as you lower the rpm to 3200 or below. Any idea as to what would cause this problem? Will it require new gaskets, seals, impellers? The boat is kept in a cover slip year around. I have to pay the marina to pull it or borrow a trailer. I would like to correct the problem when I pull it to change the gear lube. I just want to make sure I have any gaskets, etc... that I may need when I pull it.

I would suggest going ahead and changing the impellers while you have the boat out. You can contact the warranty department at 727-461-0811 between 8AM and 5PM Eastern time and they can get you taken care of.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X