Se116 install question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Se116 install question

I received my new se116 upper to attached to by se lower. I don't see any issues installing the two halfs but I do have several questions about attaching the outdrive to the bell housing.

1) I purchased a drive/bell housing gasket set. Inside the kit consist of 2 identical rubber o-rings, one larger o-ring, one larger o-ring. 4 in all, One bell housing gasket and a very larger round gasket. 6 pieces in all.

Question: my old generation II upper (shaft that goes into housing) only had 2 o-rings on it, not three as mentioned in installation instructions. In fact there is no place to hold the larger third o-ring on my old drive shaft. Do I use the larger o-ring on your drive? Will this third larger o-ring fit thru the gimbel bearing?

2) I have six nuts that hold the outdrive to the bell housing. Five have reqular washers One did not have a reqular washer. on the six nut, the washer consisted of a screw holding a washer in place. I took the old screw and washer off my old drive and tried to attach to new drive but screw is far to small to fit into larger screw hole. What is this screw for? Do I need a larger screw? What size?
    Last edited by rschupp; 09-17-2007, 06:38 PM. Reason: fix spelling

The larger oring for the shaft is for newer style couplers that have a grease fitting. If you do not have a grease fitting on your coupler you do not need to install this oring. The washer with the screw is a grounding washer. You do not have to use it. If you want to use it you need to get a 1/4" self tapping screw for the larger hole in our housing.

Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X