new SE116 drive runs great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new SE116 drive runs great

I just finished installing the new drive and it is really a nice unit. I tried to put a remote oil reservoir onto my boat but could not get the plug out off the bell housing on the inside compartment of the boat. One thing you may want to do if you don't have the remote oil reservoir is to buy the spring kit (part # 17997A1). Use this to plug the opening on the stern drive so that you don't have to epoxy it. Much nicer solution in my mind. Just make sure that you don't have the dribble valve installed in the bell housing.

I test drove the boat this evening on a lake near my house and it ran like a champ. I did not notice any knocking but then again I don't remember if I did any hard right or left turns. Either way, it was very smooth. I had a mechanic help me with the drive and he said that he was very impressed with the drive and that he wanted more info on this company so he could recommend them. The engine ran normal temp so the water pump was working fine. So far I am very happy with this drive. I was very skeptical and am still a little until I get more time on the drive but I really don't expect any problems. I expected maybe something would come up right away but nothing so far.

Feedback is very important when you buy anything online so I will try to provide more as I take out the boat.
Working...
X